Tuesday 8 July 2014

Counterfeit It Up

Hazel & Ruby Chalk It Up CollectionI loved the Hazel & Ruby papers and stickers in the Noel Mignon Balboa Kit being counterfeited this month at the CKCB and thought that they might be fun to forge!


I have a load of (scraps of) old black and white patterned papers and got to work with brightly coloured Sharpies.  Some black & white mini-alpha stickers got the Sharpie treatment too:

Jimjams - forged papers & stickers

Pretty good effect and easy to do.  I only experimented on a couple of punctuation stickers because I will colour the exact letters required as and when I need them.

Looking back at the originals I decided to try with other black & white patterns ... but this time the background showed rather more of my poor colouring in skills!  The papers on the left barely show the Sharpies' colours spilling over onto the black, but the paper on the right only works from a large distance with half-closed eyes!

Jimjams - forging papers - fail!

It's just as well I was experimenting with scraps!

Other Master Forgers have been busy over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today - check out their forgeries here :-D

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Crazy, but I'd never have thought if this ...looks fabulous. Gives the paper a completely different look

K said...

Ooooo, what a great technique! **runs to grab some awful b/w patterned paper to snaz up into something funky**

Laura said...

The numbers and dots look amazing coloured up.
I'll be digging out some black and white papers too - thanks for the inspiration!

Beverly said...

Great idea and you get such a different look! I think you'd do great with fine line sharpies, I use mine a lot.

Melissa said...

What a great idea to add color to black & white papers!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - what a great idea!
Rinda

Missus Wookie said...

I'm with K - that looks so cool :)

Lesley G said...

These look ever better IRL - great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Good idea colouring in B&W paper - I have some which I'm not sure I'll use so I'll give this a whirl.

Lisa said...

so simple but so clever. great effects created with a little thought and creativity! great job